18 June 2013
2013 Award Nominations Now Open!
We are pleased to inform you that the three ITS regional Organisations (ERTICO-ITS Europe, ITS America and ITS Japan) are now accepting nominations for the 2013 ITS “Hall of Fame” Awards.
In addition to the Lifetime Achievement Award, two additional prizes which will be given this year in recognition of outstanding contributions to the development and deployment of ITS by organisations. These will be an “Industry Award” and a “Local Government Award”.
The Lifetime Achievement Award will be given to an individual who is recognized as a:
- outstanding leader in the organizations he or she has led
- thought leader in the ITS field
- champion of vision of ITS and its fulfillment within and beyond the ITS Community
The Industry Award will be given to a company or research organization that:
- developed and/or deployed a significant new innovative product or service over the course of the previous year
- whose new product and/or service played a key role in accelerating development and deployment of ITS in its region
- is a company or research organization that plays a leading role in the ITS Community
The Local Government Award will be given to a local government agency that:
- developed or deployed a significant new innovative ITS product or service over the course of the previous year
- implemented policy or project advancing the development and deployment of ITS over the course of the previous year
- whose new product and/or service fostered advanced deployment of ITS services
- is an organization that plays a leading role in the ITS Community
The nomination rules are included below, and nominations can be submitted online here:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Click to nominate
- Industry Award: Click to nominate
- Local Government Award: Click to nominate
All three Awards will be presented at the 20th ITS World Congress in Tokyo, 14-18 October 2013
Rules for nomination, voting and selection process in Europe
1.Members of i-Mobility Network, the European Members of Board of Directors (BOD) and the European Programme Committee (EPC) may nominate potential candidates. Each participant can only nominate 1 potential candidate per category and has to provide a short explanation on the contribution of the nominee in the context of the categories related to the Award.
2.The nominee will be asked to accept his/her nomination before becoming a candidate. Upon acceptance of his/her nomination, the candidate is asked to confirm a short text on his/her contribution in the context of the categories related to the Award and a picture.
3.The selection of the winning candidates for each category will be done by the members of i-Mobility Network, the European Members of Board of Directors (BOD) and the European Programme Committee (EPC).
Dates and Deadlines:
18 June – 9th July : nomination of potential candidates.
15 July – 31 July : approval from potential candidates.
15 August -15 September : vote for the candidates establishing of a short list of maximum 10 candidates per category.
4.The 3 winners of each region (1 per category per region) are informed and congratulated by the 3 CEOs and invited to the 20th ITS World Congress, to be held in Tokyo, Japan, 14-18 October 2013 to receive the Awards.
For your information, last 3 year’s Hall of Fame “Life time achievement Award” entrants were:
EUROPE: Fotis Karamitsos, European Commission, Monica Sundström, Swedish Transport Administration, and Job J. Klijnhout, Rijkswaterstaat, The Netherlands
ASIA PACIFIC: Shoichiro Toyoda, Toyota, Keung-Whan Young, Korea, and Xiaojing Wang, China National ITS Center, China
AMERICAS: T. Russell Shields, Ygomi, William M. Spreitzer, General Motors and Gerry Conover, PRC Associates, USA
Nominations must be submitted no later than 9 July 2013.
Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.