7 October 2015
8:30am – 1:00pm
The workshop focuses on Big Data in the H2020 Societal Challenge Smart, green and integrated transport. Participants to this workshop will have the opportunity to influence the design, and ultimate benefit from the Big Data platform that the BigDataEurope project will deliver. This platform aims to facilitate Big Data usage in real world examples, and will consist of an architecture, components, guidelines and best practices to make the best of Big Data in this case in the setting of transport.
The workshop will focus on the elicitation of requirements for Big Data management within the intelligent transport domain.
The interactive workshop will consist of three sessions with keynote presentations on the topics of:
- BigDataEurope and existing Data-centric initiatives in Transport
- Existing and potential Big Data use-cases and applications in Transport
- Tools and technologies Technical requirements for a Big Data Platform in Transport
The presentations will be followed by a one hour break-out session, where participants can join one of the three groups on Policy, Data and Technology, or Business. The chairmen of the three break-out groups will report to the Plenary Session and the workshop will be rounded off with a final Q&A session.
To register for the workshop please click through to the ITS World Congress website.
- In case you have already registered for the Congress, you can modify your registration and add the workshop to your list of associated events.
- In case you are not an ITS Congress participant, you will need to follow the Congress registration process and select the BigDataEurope workshop you will attend. You will receive your ITS Congress registration badge at the entrance of the Congress that will give you access to the BigDataEurope workshop.
Registration to this workshop is for free for both Congress and non-Congress participants.
The workshop is the first in a series of three workshops, the following two foreseen to take place in 2016 and 2017. The future workshops will focus on the alignment and improvement of the specifications, and on the evaluation of project technologies on selected use cases.
We invite you to:
- Join the discussion on the BDE-Smart, Green and Integrated Transport Community Group https://www.w3.org/community/bde-transport
- Subscribe to the BigDataEurope Newsletter
- Follow us on the Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn, SlideShare, Flickr)