As per tradition, TISA was present this year at the ITS European Congress held in Helsinki (16-19 June). With over 2500 registered people this Congress represented a great opportunity for TISA, which was prominently represented with its own stand that also hosted the TISA Members bmt, Mediamobile, Fraunhofer IIS, Garmin and GEWI.
A TISA Special Session (SIS14) titled TPEGTM Based Traffic Services and Cooperative ITS: a winning team was organised on Wednesday 18 June. Speakers of the session were:
• Torsten Geissler, Scientific Officer, Federal Highway Research Institute – BASt, Germany
• Andreas Erwig, Director Business Development and Business Operations, TomTom, Germany
• Frank Försterling, Continental Automotive GmbH, Germany • Fabio Pressi, CEO, Infoblu, Italy
• Andrew Nash, European Sales Director, Mediamobile (V-Traffic)
• Olaf Meng, Senior Product Manager, Garmin, Germany
• Scott Sedlik, Vice President, Product Planning & Market Development, INRIX, USA
The panel discussion after the presentations was very lively; both the speakers and the audience were very engaged in the topics of combining the advantages of TPEGTM based traffic information with the new opportunities that cooperative systems offer. All presentations are now uploaded on the intranet with search key “SIS14”.
Also, TISA Executive Director, Matthias Unbehaun was invited to speak in a session organised by ERTICO SIS05 ITS for energy efficiency on Tuesday 17 June.
Watch the daily video produced during the Congress where TISA and their stand were presented.