Intelligent mobility thrives in Montréal, Canada’s epicenter of cutting-edge innovation in transportation. The “Connected City” takes center stage this October 29-November 2 as host of the 24th Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) World Congress.
Presented by the Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITSA) in conjunction with ITS Canada and co-organized by ERTICO-ITS Europe and ITS Asia-Pacific, ITS World Congress 2017 is the preeminent gathering of global leaders in intelligent and transformative transportation. Showcasing the importance of smart transportation in everyday life, the event highlights the efforts of smart cities to create efficiencies and improve safety through the implementation of advanced transportation options.
By shining a spotlight on Montréal, a city that celebrates its 375th anniversary this year, ITS World Congress takes attendees on an inspirational journey through a high-tech hub in a series of #THISisITS Technical Tours, exploring innovative advancements of a modern, multifaceted transportation system.. The tours, available through registration for the event, add incredible value to an already invaluable conference attracting worldwide participation from the transport, automotive, telecommunications, and technology sectors.
Some tour options include:
- Tour #2 – City of Montréal’s Urban Mobility Management Center (UMMC)
- Go behind the scenes of a major boulevard equipped with a centralized traffic signal system for buses
- Understand the benefits of a centralized signal priority system for transit authorities, emergency systems and more
- View the systems that monitor mobility and provide road network incident management
- Tour #10 – Port of Montréal: Harbor Trucking Management Initiatives
- See ITS applications in action for harbor trucking
- Explore the Port’s facilities, with a focus on access control points, truck transaction processes, and data capture
- Tour #7 – PMG’s Motor Vehicle Test and Research Center
- Experience the crash test facilities and test tracks
- Explore the center’s vast array of test methods used to evaluate the performance, efficiency and autonomy of eco-energetic, electric and autonomous vehicles
- Tour #3 – Society of Transportation de Montréal’s iBus Operations Center
- Examine the Center’s organizational structure
- Explore the equipment, including vehicle scheduling, passenger information and radio infrastructure for an entire fleet of vehicles
- View state-of-the-art tools for regulating bus service
Go behind the scenes in Canada’s smartest city. Register for ITS World Congress 2017 today and take advantage of unique opportunities to explore Montréal behind the scenes: www.itsworldcongress2017.org