- This event has passed.
Co-Gistics press conference and kick off meeting
February 10, 2014 @ 7:00 am - February 12, 2014 @ 4:00 pm
ERTICO – ITS Europe, the Hellenic Institute of Transport of the Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH/HIT), TREDIT S.A., SEAWAY and the Region of Central Macedonia are pleased to announce the launch of CO-GISTICS, the first European project fully dedicated to the deployment of cooperative intelligent transport systems applied to logistics.
Press conference: 10 February at 12:30 EET
Kick off meeting: 10-12 February
Press conference speakers
- Mr Giannis Mpoutaris – Mayor of Thessaloniki
- Konstantinos Zervas – Vice Mayor of Thessaloniki for Environment
- George Dimarelos – Municipal Counselor appointed in transport and parking policy
- Mr Pierpaolo Tona – Project Manager, ERTICO – ITS Europe and CO-GISTICS coordinator
- Ms Tzelina Makrantonaki – Vice Governor of the Prefecture of Central Macedonia in International Outlook, Innovation and New Technologies
- Prof. George Giannopoulos – Director of the Hellenic Institute of Transport (HIT)
CO-GISTICS will use cooperative systems in freight transport and logistics to improve the urban mobility conditions in Thessaloniki. The major benefits for Thessaloniki through the participation in the CO-GISTICS project include the reduced emissions from freight transport, the decrease of fuel consumption and the diminution of traffic congestion in the city centre and around the port areas.
CO-GISTICS is a project co-funded by the European Commission (under the CIP programme) and will bring 7.492.000 Euros in 7 European cities (Arad, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Frankfurt, Thessaloniki, Trieste and Vigo), of which 371.000 Euros in Thessaloniki. The project is coordinated by ERTICO – ITS Europe and includes 34 partners representing public authorities, technological institutes, users and leading companies in the fields of freights and logistics.