- This event has passed.
eCall testing and test pass certificate meeting
May 15, 2014 @ 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
DATE: 15 May 2014, 9h00 – 16h00
ERTICO Office, Brussels
ERTICO Partners have met in a workshop on 19 November 2013 to discuss the way to implement cost efficient eCall testing. During this workshop some ERTICO partners agreed to create a group to support eCall testing and test pass certificate.
ERTICO Partners will therefore join and use their complementary skills and experiences to define a cost-efficient testing framework for eCall components, leading to the delivery of “Test pass” certificates. The framework is intended to be aligned with current and future requirements applying to the vehicles (Vehicle type approval). Furthermore developing a PSAP certification framework, which could support the regulatory conformity assessment procedures is part of the objectives.
The activities matching the objectives will consist of:
· Identifying the existing test specification and the corresponding test implementations
· Studying additional requirements
· Finding matches with regulatory requirements
· Finding out the specific profiles applying on 2G/3G device certification (GCF scheme)
· Documenting the results as part of a Test pass certificate framework
· Contributing to the organisation of the next ERTICO eCall TESTFEST events (27-31 October 2014, Vigo, Spain)
· Following the eCall standardisation activities (CEN – ETSI)
· Taking any useful actions to ensure tools and services will be appropriate, match needs and are cost efficient:
o Organising an eCall test tool workshop
o Liaise with Testing labs and test tool providers
Looking at the evolution of eCall towards LTE is also appropriate, as preparatory work is currently carried out at ETSI.