- This event has passed.
OpenLR Information Session
October 28, 2013 @ 11:00 pm - October 29, 2013 @ 10:59 pm
The OpenLR community are hosting an information session to discuss the characteristics of OpenLR -the most widely adopted on-the-fly location referencing system that is compatible with any navigable digital map.
Automotive manufacturers, national and regional governments, radio broadcasters, navigation application manufacturers as well as traffic information service providers have recognised the limitations of other location referencing systems – most noticeably TMC. Although several attempts have been made to provide an alternative that addresses the issues, none of them has so far been as widely adopted as OpenLR.
The event will address the key commercial and technical issues for service providers and traffic information users such as
• Why should I integrate OpenLR if I already have a TMC location referencing system?
• Is OpenLR really available for free use?
• What are the IP limitations of OpenLR?
• What are the risks of OpenLR infringing other on-the-fly location referencing patents?
• Is OpenLR processor-hungry at server or device level?
• How does OpenLR compare to the promoted alternatives such as Agora-C or ULR?
• What tools and support is available to integrate OpenLR in my service?
There will be several speakers from the various user organisations (across different countries and industries) to share their experiences, and we hope the day will be informative and offer networking opportunities for organisations that share the same objective of offering excellent traffic information services to their customers.
For further information or registration details please contact Klaus Lütkemeier at email@example.com