- This event has passed.
Ukrainian Transport Infrastructure Forum
October 15, 2013 @ 6:00 am - October 17, 2013 @ 3:00 pm
15 October 2013 to 16 October 2013
Venue: Intercontinental Hotel, Velyka Zhytomyrska St, 2, Kiev, Kyiv city, Ukraine, 01001
Adam Smith Conferences’ Ukrainian Transport Infrastructure Forum will address the issue of attracting investments for a badly-needed upgrade of Ukraine’s roads, railways, ports and airports. The government of this country of 46 million people has embarked on an ambitious programme to achieve this goal, which includes granting concessions to private operators and laying a foundation for PPP projects.
Ukraine’s big business is providing some shining examples of good management and innovation, but there is still vast scope for future projects. The event will be held in partnership with Ukraine’s Ministry of Infrastructure and will be attended by top managers from the largest state and privately-owned transport companies, Ukraine’s export-oriented companies, lawyers and consultants.
The Forum will feature:
- an update on the progress of port reform, with a summary of the first results
- the re-organisation of the state railway company, Ukrzaliznytsya, and the road agency, Ukravtodor; their strategies for attracting funding
- case studies by private owners of transport infrastructure assets in Ukraine
- the prospects for realising PPP infrastructure projects in Ukraine: what are the key features of the law on concessions?
- presentations by Ukraine’s leading industrial groups and export-oriented companies with infrastructure assets: are they driving modernisation forward?
- airports: prospects for concessions, development of regional airports, liberalising the market for airline operators
- overseas experience of implementing infrastructure projects
Early speaker confirmations include:
Yuri Vaskov, Head, Odessa Commercial Port, Administration of Ukrainian Ports
Vladislav Kaskiv, Head, National Agency for Investment and National Projects
Olexander Kava, Coordinator of transport industry reform, Office of the President of Ukraine
Mark Magaletsky, Senior Banker, EBRD
Andriy Stavnitser, General Director, TIS Group
Jasper Pedersen, Country Manager, Maersk Line Ukraine at A. P. Moller – Maersk A/S
Please note that IFPA Members get 15% Discount! To register with 15% discount complete registration form on event website via link http://www.adamsmithconferences.com/AS2253IFPAa and use VIP Code – AS2253IFPA in the additional information field
If you have any questions, Adam Smith Conferences staff will be happy to help. Please contact Amelie Wright on tel. +44 (0) 20 74903774 or write to Amelie@adamsmithconferences.com
We look forward to welcoming you to the Ukrainian Forum for Transport Infrastructure in October!