The I_HeERO project organised its first Associated Partners webinar on 10 May 2016. Associate Partnership for I_HeERO Is open to both Member States and Commercial Organisations who are involved in eCall deployment.
Member States or Commercial organisations who are motivated to actively contribute to the I_HeERO project, are invited to apply for Associate Partnership status. The I_HeERO Steering Committee will need to approve the application. Partners can apply to be observers of the activities, provided that the project partners agree. Partners interested in actively contributing to certain activities should apply with the activity leaders and need to clearly explain their expected contributions.
During this first webinar, I_HeERO’s Technical Implementation Officer, Andy Rooke, presented a project overview, together with the project objectives, the “why” of I_HeERO, and an update of eCall in the context of the I_HeERO project. His presentation also covered the main activities in the 11 participating Member States (Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Portugal and Slovenia) and the project’s main activities.
The I_HeERO project kicked off 1 January 2015 and will run until 31 December 2017. I_HeERO operates not only in 11 EU Member States, but also includes 58 commercial partners and a number of Associated Partners.
The project will
- prepare the necessary PSAP infrastructure to realise pan-European eCall
- boost Member States investment in the PSAP infrastructure and interoperability of the service within the roadmap
- prepare for the deployment for eCall for HG (including Dangerous Goods) and Long Distance Buses and Coaches
- papers for deployment for eCall for Powered Two Wheeled vehicles
- define and perform PSAP Conformity Assessments, which is a legal obligations for all PSAP handling eCall based on 11
- look at advancements in the management of data and next generation 112 for eCall
The I_HeERO project will organise a webinar dedicated to Associated Members on a monthly basis. The webinars will be dedicated to specific themes and all participants are invited to provide feedback on issues and they would like to be covered during one of these webinars.
The next webinar will take place on 15 June 2016 from 14h00 to 15h30 and will be dedicated to the theme ” Architecture and costs for PSAPs”.
The post I_HeERO kick-offs its monthly Associate Partners Webinar appeared first on I_HeERO.