ITS (UK) the Intelligent Transport Society for the United Kingdom has made four Awards for excellence in ITS:
- The Rees Hills annual award for personal contribution has been given to Professor Phil Blythe of Newcastle University.
- The Scheme of the Year award went to Dorset County Council for the Weymouth Showcase Programme.
- The Forward Thinking award for innovation was made to Transport for London for Countdown.
- The Young Professional of the Year award went to Martin Mildenhall of Transport for Greater Manchester.
The awards are open to any organisation or individual with a UK business office and that has a significant UK telematics or other ITS content.
The nominations were judged by an eminent panel of ITS professionals chaired by ITS (UK) President and former Transport Minister Steven Norris.
The Panel Members were:
- Simon Jones Atkins
- Kevin Borras h3b media
- Dr Alan Stevens TRL
- Janet Cooke London TravelWatch
- Neal Skelton ITS United Kingdom
The awards were presented by Steven Norris at the ITS United Kingdom President’s Dinner at the Charing Cross Hotel in London on 13 March 2012.
For more information click here.
Link to original Article
Original Publication Date: Thu 15 Mar 2012