The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is appointing a Data Scientist to join the “Trusted Service Supply Chains” Group, which is part of the “Trusted Service Systems” Unit within the “IT for Innovative Services” (ITIS) Department.
With a team of more than 120 highly skilled researchers and engineers from various disciplines; the ITIS Department addresses technological, organisational, human, and economic aspects of innovative IT services. Research areas are based around the innovation of services with a high level of information intensity and issued with a level of quality allowing for trust to be gained in their use and for generating value around new business models.
In this context, the Data Scientist will actively contribute to the research activities in an interdisciplinary research group that aims at developing ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) solutions and elaborating innovative next-generation algorithms for smart and connected mobility/transport. The actual solutions require data analytics competences allowing to turn streams of mobility and transport activity data (including geographic data) into predictive models of activity and travel behaviour.
The main objective of the research work is to test the viability of mobility policies and transport infrastructure related decisions before they are implemented, and to provide real time guidance and information to the users of the transport and/mobility chain. The goal is to improve the turnaround time, and lower the barrier to entry for implementing the latest agent based, activity oriented approaches to mobility/transportation modelling. Example of applications is via the exploitation of the open source agent based modelling framework, MATSim.
- Civil Engineer or Master Degree in Computer science, Traffic engineering/Transportation sciences or Applied Mathematics (Operational Research). Holding a PhD Degree is not mandatory but will be considered as an asset.
- Proven experience in object oriented programming in a major language, e.g. C++, C#, Java or Python, as well as analysing data and applying machine: learning approaches in R, SPSS and/or MatLab.
- Previous interest in simulation modelling, optimisation, machine learning, data analysis and applying these techniques in the field of mobility and transportation planning.
- Autonomy, pro-activity and ability to work in a team.
- Interest to work on multidisciplinary projects.
The application file should include:
- A detailed CV.
- A motivation letter.
Candidates interested in the above position can apply online on the website: www.list.lu.
Click here to view the detailed job vacancy.
For any questions regarding the job opening, feel free to contact by email Dr. Djamel Khadraoui (firstname.lastname@example.org).