When: 16 December 2016 – 10:00 to 11:30 CEST
Contact: Giacomo Somma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Details: The Compass4D project is one of the most successful stories in terms of C-ITS deployment in Europe. Co-funded by the European commission under the CIP – Competitive and Innovation Programme, the project ended in 2015 but the seven pilot cities have continued to operate their services outside the European funding together with about 50 public and private organisations. The partners involved in the continuation operations have extended the coverage areas in the 7 cities as well as in other cities, added new C-ITS services, and increased the penetration rate of equipped commercial and public transport vehicles.
Now, one year later, we look at the state of play and future perspectives in the deployment of innovative solutions for connected and automated driving, with a special focus on ITS Living Labs in Europe.
Five presentations will outline the progresses made and future plans in the Compass4D cities of Bordeaux and Helmond, as well as in Austria, Finland and Spain.
1. Welcome and introduction
2. ITS Living Labs in Europe: state of play & outlook to the future
- Dutch testbed cooperative and automated driving – Peter Colon, Brabant ITS Agency, The Netherlands
- Smart City living lab in Catalonia – Marcos Pillado, IDIADA, Spain
- From pilot projects to large scale C-ITS deployment in Bordeaux and New Aquitaine region – Jean-Philippe Méchin, CEREMA, France
- Finnish Traffic lab and C-ITS deployment & The Living Lab Bus – Ilkka Kotilainen, Finnish Transport Agency & Juho Kostiainen, VTT, Finland
- The Austrian ITS Living Lab and the C-Roads Platform on harmonised C-ITS deployments – Alexander Frötscher, AustriaTech, Austria
3. Question and answer session
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions to the speakers on the five
The webinar is free of charge, but registration is required.