The nomination period for the 2015 ITS Hall of Fame Awards has now ended.
The European Members of the Board of Directors will now be invited to vote for his or her favourite candidates in each of the three categories – Lifetime Achievement, Industry and Local Government.
We would like to congratulate all of the candidates on being nominated to the 2015 ITS Hall of Fame. These nominations demonstrate a strong appreciation of the candidates’ commitment and contribution to ITS.
• Mr Dainius Diska
• Mr Richard Harris
• Ms Minna Kivimäki
• Mr Alf Peterson
• Mr Eric Sampson
• Mr Lee Woodcock
• Cleverciti Systems GmbH
• FUJITSU TEN (Europe) GmbH, Technical Center Nuremberg
• RDM Automotive
• Sprint S.A.
• AustriaTech – Federal Agency for technological Measures, Austria
• The Finnish Ministry of Transport and Communications, Finland
• Gemeente Helmond / City of Helmond, The Netherlands
• Hamburg Port Authority AöR (HPA), Germany
• Hessen Mobil – Straßen- und Verkehrsmanagement, Germany
• Municipal Roads and Public Transport Management Board of Bydgoszcz (ZDMiKPB), Poland
About the awards
The Lifetime Achievement Award will be given to an individual who is recognized as a:
- outstanding leader in the organizations he or she has led;
- thought leader in the ITS field; and
- champion of vision of ITS and its fulfillment within and beyond the ITS Community.
The Industry Award will be given to a company or research organization that:
- developed and/or deployed a significant new innovative product or service over the course of the previous year;
- whose new product and/or service played a key role in accelerating development and deployment of ITS in its region; and
- is a company or research organization that plays a leading role in the ITS Community.
The Local Government Award will be given to a local government agency that:
- developed or deployed a significant new innovative ITS product or service over the course of the previous year;
- implemented policy or project advancing the development and deployment of ITS over the course of the previous year;
- whose new product and/or service fostered advanced deployment of ITS services; and
- is an organization that plays a leading role in the ITS Community.
The three awards will be presented at the 22nd ITS World Congress in Bordeaux, France, 5-9 October 2015.