- This event has passed.
13th ITS Asia Pacific Forum
April 28, 2014 @ 6:00 am - April 30, 2014 @ 3:00 pm
World Leaders Set to Reveal Their ITS SCORE at the 13th ITS Asia-Pacific Forum
ITS New Zealand is pleased to announce prestigious keynote speakers representing ITS organisations from around the world. Taking place from 28 to 30 April ITS New Zealand and ITS Asia Pacific have prepared an exceptional three days of expert presentations and activity addressing developments, opportunities and trends in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
New Zealand’s largest city is a popular tourism destination and Auckland will host a truly global and world class forum featuring speakers representing companies, universities and organisations from 15 different nations. The Forum features 80 presentations by transport and technology specialists, a three day exhibition and a choice of technical tours. The event coincides with a 10 year anniversary for ITS New Zealand.
The Forum features three Plenary Sessions featuring local and international leaders from the ITS and transport industry. During Plenary Session One, leaders representing international ITS organisations will update us on ITS trends and developments in their region focusing on Safety, Choices, Opportunities, Results, Efficiencies (S.C.O.R.E) the overall theme of the conference.
- Dr Hiroyuki Watanabe, Chairman of ITS Japan and Senior Technical Executive at Toyota Motor Corporation
- Scott Belcher, President and CEO of ITS America
- Stuart Ballingall, Project Director, Cooperative ITS, Ausroads – ITS Australia
Looking to the future, Plenary Session Two will be discussing case studies and experience in relation to transparency in ITS projects.
- Randy Iwasaki, Executive Director of the Contra Costa Transportation Authority (USA)
- Paul Rose, Technical Director of Highways ITS Consulting (UK)
On 30 April, a final Plenary Session will include a panel of transport agency leaders, both local and international. International leaders include:
- Dr Bambang Susantono, Vice President of the Indonesian Ministry of Transportation
- Chew Hock Yong, CEO of Singapore’s Land Transport Authority
- Martin Matthews, CEO of the Ministry of Transport
- Geoff Dangerfield, CEO of the New Zealand Transport Agency
- Dr David Warburton, CEO of Auckland Transport
- Superintendent Carey Griffiths, Nation Manager, Road Policing, NZ Police
Special rates are available for groups and for students to attend the forum. Partners and others are welcome to attend social functions and extra tickets are available for those events. Registration for the Forum can be completed online through the website: www.ITSAsiaPacificForum2014.co.nz.