- This event has passed.
1st European Conference on ‘Connected and Automated Driving’
April 3, 2017 - April 4, 2017
The European Commission, with the support of the EC-funded projects CARTRE and SCOUT, is pleased to announce its First European Conference on connected and automated driving: ‘Connected and Automated Driving – Together, shaping the future‘.
The high-level conference will be held in Brussels on the 3rd and 4th April 2017. Major road transport stakeholders – automotive and telecom industry, users, road operators, public transport operators, regulators, research centres, universities and representatives of both EC and EU Member States – are invited to attend.
The event will be a unique opportunity for all participants to network and to discuss on how to boost the development and deployment of connected and automated driving technologies from a fourfold perspective: transport policy issues; technological challenges; legal and regulatory frame, and digital transformation.
For two days, EU leaders, CEOs and representatives from major road transport stakeholders will discuss interactively on:
- Role of R&I and policy making to accelerate roll out in Europe;
- What’s going on in the Member States;
- Role of connectivity between vehicles, road infrastructure and other road users to enhance performance;
- Progress of C-ITS deployment and how it supports automated driving throughout Europe’s main corridors;
- Latest findings of European-funded projects;
- The importance of international cooperation
Participants will enjoy a blend of plenaries, thematic breakout sessions and exhibition of funded projects.
A series of thematic side-events will take place on the 5th and 6th April 2017 upon invitation only.
Registration to the conference is free and will open at the end of January 2017.
STAY TUNED and follow us at www.ec-cad-2017.eu