Vehicle Technology demonstrations
Barcelona, Spain – 9 to 14 October
The iMobility Challenge project is planning its biggest yearly event in Barcelona, Spain, on the 9th of October. The event will take place at the FCB stadium and will have the following audiences:
- Professionals/decision-makers: there will be a high-level workshop about intelligent vehicle technologies inside the stadium.
- General public: vehicle technology demonstrations will be offered to the public attendants and the workshop delegates on the stadium’s car parc.
VIPs will include FIA President Jean Todt, an EU Commissioner, and celebrity drivers from the motor sports. There will also be a lot of media attention.
The project is looking for exhibitors/demonstrators for the event. Please see this presentation to consider if you are interested in taking part. Should your project/company wish to participate as an exhibitor, please fill in the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Gabriel Simcic can also provide additional information upon request.
About the iMobility Challenge
iMobility Challenge, is an EU funded project by DG Connect of the European Commission to demonstrate the benefits of efficient, safe and smart mobility through new Intelligent Transport System (ITS) solutions. The FIA is leading the coordination of the project, working with partners ACEA (European automobile manufacturers association), CLEPA (the European association of Automotive suppliers), ERTICO (the network of Intelligent Transport Systems and Services stakeholders in Europe) and VTT (Technical Research Centre of Finland).
The declared objectives of iMobility Challenge are:
- Promote the deployment and use of intelligent vehicle systems for energy efficient and sustainable mobility, with a particular focus on cooperative systems;
- Support the implementation process for priority iMobility systems, notably as directed by EU legislation;
- Organise iMobility awareness raising events for policy makers with vehicle demonstrations, and national awareness events for users with demonstrations, driving Experiences and training open to the public;
- Conduct support studies documenting the socio-economic impact of iMobility systems throughout the project, through a mapping of systems and of products and services based on cooperative systems; and by assessing consumer awareness and demand, and their feedback before and after testing systems.
For more information, visit www.imobilitychallenge.eu or contact: Gabriel Simcic, Senior Project Manager, FIA Region I, email@example.com +32 2 282 0817