More for Less with Intelligent Transport Systems
Monday 16 May 2011 – Dinner 19.00 for 19.30 Tuesday 17 May 2011 – Conference 09.30 – 16.00
Thinktank Birmingham Science Museum Millenium Point Curzon Street Birmingham B4 7XG
ITS United Kingdom is the UK’s society for all who work in the Intelligent Transport Systems sector. Our annual conference is designed to bring together ITS professionals from all areas of the industry and offers a broad perspective on ITS and wide opportunities for making and renewing contacts. The theme for our 2011 conference is how ITS can help those responsible for transport delivery policy and strategy deliver their objectives at a time of financial austerity.
Presentations will cover examples of where ITS has already been used to deliver more for less and also details of current ITS research or project work which will deliver more for less in the future. Presentations focus on defining and evidencing more and take their themes from many different areas of transport and ITS implementations including the movement of both people and goods and a range of transport modes.
Young professionals are particularly welcome to attend and ITS (UK) would like to see many more young professionals attend as delegates.
WHO WILL ATTEND?
Jeremy Evans Transport for London Vice Chairman ITS (UK)
Theo Quick Logica Technical Director ITS (UK)
Neal Skelton Head of Professional Services ITS (UK)
Jennie Martin Secreatry General ITS (UK)
Annual Conference Presentations include:
- Graham Muspratt Clearview Traffic Group Ltd – Smart Sustainable SCOOT / SCATS – Alternative vehicle detection for SCOOT / SCATS applications
- Gavin Jackman TRL – How SCOOT supports Authorities in Smoothing the Traffic Flow and getting more for less the latest data and benefits collected – The London Case Study
- Jason Robinson TfL – London’s integrated Traffic System – an ITS Architecture approach to delivery
- Jason Moss Mouchel – All aboard for the travel information revolution
- Neil Herron Activ8 Vps (Virtual Parking Solutions) – Virtual Parking Solutions … Intelligent Management of restricted kerbspace for smarter cities
- Andy Haddon Evive Intelligent Transport Systems Ltd – Telematics delivering charging bay certainty to electric vehicle users
- Gary McFarlane Access4all – The ‘Smart’ way to improve access for disabled drivers
- Andy Graham White Willow Consulting – The benefits of working closely with government – The value of the learning gained and applicability and implications for the UK of a recent demonstration project
- Jeremy Wiggin Norfolk County Council and Gary Umpleby Hogia – Delivering “More for Less” – Norfolk County Council’s Public Transport ITS Success Story
- John French IT4Automation – Review reuse release and extend: Change the way you exploit existing low cost comms assets to deliver new IP services
- Jonathan Walter WSP – Reducing ITS maintenance costs: a risk-based approach
The Conference will be chaired by:
Jeremy Evans Transport for London (invited)
Joanne Dodds Scott Wilson
The programme may be subject to changes.
Link to original Article
Original Publication Date: Mon 11 Apr 2011