The European Commission is working on a comprehensive Strategy for a Sustainable and Smart Mobility. While taking into consideration the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the sector, the strategy will set a pathway for the sector towards the sustainable and digital transitions, building a resilient and crisis-proof transport system for generations to come and delivering on the ambition set out in the European Green Deal and Europe Fit for the Digital Age Communications.
In this context, the European Commission has launched a public consultation that seeks to gather the views of citizens and stakeholders on the elements of the Strategy. The questionnaire also looks into how the current framework set out in 2011 White Paper has delivered up to now.
All citizens and organisations are welcome to contribute to this consultation. The following parties might have a specific interest in doing so:
• national, regional and local administrations;
• other public sector actors;
• organisations representing social partners, civil society, consumers and passengers; NGOs dealing in particular with mobility, accessibility and the environment;
• private sector actors (and their associations);
• research and academia; education & training institutions and organisations.
More information is available here.
Deadline: 23 September 2020 (midnight Brussels time).
Source: European Commission