The State Road Agency of Ukraine has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the project “Road Sector Development Project”, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include services for development of intelligent road safety and network management system of roads network of Ukraine for improvement of road safety:
• Tolling system;
• Weigh-in-motion system for axle load control;
• Automatic speed enforcement system.
The main objective of the assignment is:
• Systematize ITS experience of several countries;
• Develop the design of an integrated road sector intelligent transport system (ITS) in Ukraine, including three main components: electronic toll collection or e-vignette (ETC), weigh-in-motion (WIM) and automated speed enforcement (ASE);
• Propositions for amendments to legislation of Ukraine, development drafts of appropriate legal acts, and necessary support for its adoption;
• Conduct social studies and develop PR campaign plan to support the ITS implementation in Ukraine;
• Presenting of the ITS concept to appropriate bodies of execution and legislative power;
• Development a plan for the nationwide roll-out of the system including necessary tender documents.
The assignment is to be performed on Ukrainian common use state road network.
The assignment is expected to start in July, 2016 and last till the end of 2016.
For more information, click here.