The Viajeo consortium is pleased to invite you to join a workshop on the Viajeo Beijing demo site at the National Convention Centre Beijing China on Thursday 8 September 2011. The workshop will be held as a side event to the 6th China Annual Conference and International Exhibition on Intelligent Transport Systems the 7th International Energy-Efficiency and New Energy Vehicles Innovation Development Forum and Exhibition which is held between 6 and 10 September 2011.
The workshop is aimed at disseminating the current achievements of the Viajeo project and at raising awareness of the forthcoming Viajeo demonstration in Beijing. Viajeo will demonstrate passenger information services at bus stops and a co-modal journey planner covering various modes of transport in Beijing. During the workshop activities and achievements of the project will be presented by speakers comprising Viajeo partners from Europe and China.
The workshop will provide networking opportunities for stakeholders from each region and participants will have a chance to discuss future opportunities and strategies on EU-China cooperation in ITS.
Key Note Speakers include:
- Mr Patrick Mercier-Handisyde European Commission Directorate-General for Research & Innovation (TBC)
- Dr Yanying Li ERTICO – ITS Europe Viajeo Coordinator
- Mr Paolo Squillante Thetis Italy Viajeo Beijing demo site leader (confirmed)
- Prof Gifu Guo Director of Beijing Transportation Research Centre (TBC)
- Mr Andreas Schmid PTV Germany Viajeo Beijing demo site mobility platform provider (confirmed)
- Ms Arianna Rong AutoNavi China Viajeo demo site map provier (TBC)
- Representative from Beijing Public Transport Holdings
The Viajeo project is a three year project aiming at the development implementation and demonstration of an open platform for traffic data collection and traveller information services. The open platform will be demonstrated in Athens São Paulo Beijing and Shanghai.
For further information please contact: email@example.com
Link to original Article
Original Publication Date: Mon 20 Jun 2011