On Thursday 23 February 2017 at 14:00 – 15:00 CET, the Smart Procurement for Better Transport project will be hosting a webinar entitled “Delivering Transport Projects through Cooperation: the Alliance Model”.
- To introduce the Alliance Model as an effective contract model for delivering transport projects
- To discuss the benefits of the Alliance model in comparison to traditional frameworks in innovative transport projects and how to adopt this model for other types of transport project
Who should attend
- Public procurers such as national, regional and city administrators, road operators;
- Transport engineers and system suppliers;
- Universities and researchers
Tampere is a growing city driven by innovation and high-tech industry. Tampere’s innovation has also been applied to the contract of a major transport project in the city. The Rantatunneli tunnel in Tampere is under construction using the ‘Alliance Model’ of public procurement. This means the traditional customer-service provider model has been eliminated, allowing involved parties to cooperate in the planning and implementing of the project. The alliance members are the City of Tampere, the Finnish Transport Agency, Lemminkäinen, A-Insinöörit, and Saanio & Riekkola. As a result of this cooperation, the alliance members have been able to reduce disruptions caused by the worksite while cutting costs and speeding up processes. This webinar invites Mr Mauri Mäkiaho, Deputy Director of the Rantatunneli project in Tampere, to present the Alliance Model in public procurement, in order to inspire public procurers to use the model for implementing other transport projects.
- Dr. Bahar Namaki Araghi, City of Copenhagen
- What can other cities learn from Tampere’s experience
- Mauri Mäkiaho Finnish Transport Agency, Project Manager
- Approaches to innovation procurement
This webinar is organised by the SPICE project. SPICE is a Horizon 2020 supported Coordination and Support Action (CSA) project with a focus on sharing knowledge and experiences on innovation procurement in the transport sector.
For any questions, please contact Yanying Li at email@example.com