6th November 2013
Reportlinker.com has announced that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Strategic Analysis of European Rail eTicketing Market
1. The United Kingdom is leading the way in the eTicketing market by quickly adapting to new technologies when compared with other countries in Europe.
2. eTicketing plays a key role in mobility integration by providing access to multi-modal and multi-operator tickets that can be used for travel on any element of a public transport network.
3. Transport operators can see financial and operational benefits of adopting near-field communication (NFC) by eliminating equipment, ending issuance of paper and plastic cards, and reducing cash handling.
4. eTicketing assists transport authorities by providing detailed information on a customer’s mobility behavior and opens up potential in customer relationship management.
5. Read speed of NFC technology in eTicketing is considered an issue; however, it is expected to improve in the near future.
Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1564753#ixzz2jqqCslMI