5GMETA is organising the project’s Second Hackathon on 22-23 May in Lisbon. A call has been launched for innovators and pioneers to come together during this year’s ITS European Congress and, under the guidance of 5GMETA experts and selected mentors, take up the challenge to develop new business models leveraging the 5GMETA Platform.
The 5GMETA Consortium has conceived three main challenges for the Hackathon participants to respond to. They will focus on developing innovative solutions for the comfort and safety of road users, imagining the roads and mobility of the future, and creating user-centric solutions.
Challenge #1 – Comfort and safety of road users
- Data collected from vehicles, sensors, and road infrastructures can be leveraged to conceive innovative solutions that enhance the safety and comfort of road users (pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers) and improve their travelling experience.
- The first Challenge will require participants to identify a specific comfort or safety issue and propose a data-driven solution to address it.
Challenge #2 – Roads and mobility of the future
- Conceiving solutions that exploit backend data at city or region level to offer innovative services to road operators, local authorities, fleet managers, insurance companies or other stakeholders.
- The second Challenge will ask participants to identify a specific problem caused by the lack of continuous and fast communication between vehicles/people on the road and propose a solution to address the problem.
Challenge #3 – User-centric services
- Channelling data about users’ preferences and behaviours to provide advanced services about services, shops, or events that are close-by to road users.
- In the final Challenge, participants will be asked to identify a specific road user need and propose a solution to address this need, using data from vehicles, road infrastructure and users, as well as 5G network capabilities.
More information on the Hackathon agenda and challenges will be provided on the 5GMETA website. Check out the website and follow #5GMETA on LinkedIn and Twitter to get all the most updated information.
The Second Hackathon to boost mobility data at the ITS European Congress
The Second Hackathon offers a great opportunity to be among the forerunners to discover the innovative 5GMETA Platform and its features. The ITS European Congress 2023, which brings together all of the sector’s key target groups, is the ideal occasion for innovators, start-ups, developers and all interested parties to develop new business and technical ideas by exploiting the innovative 5GMETA Platform, which includes functions for data management, data monetization and cybersecurity.
The Road to Lisbon webinar series, which will run prior to the event, will provide interested parties with technical information and details on the Platform and on what to expect from the Second Hackathon. Check all the information on 5GMETA website.
5GMETA Hackathon participants will have the opportunity to enter the Congress premises for free! Secure your spot and join 5GMETA in Lisbon.
The 5GMETA project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 957360 (Innovation Action).