Viajeo Plus organised a special session at the ITS European Congress in Helsinki about “Integrated urban transport and mobility management”.
Whilst traditionally urban transport management related mainly to traffic signal control, nowadays it includes a much wider variety of systems and technologies. It results in safer, more sustainable and more environmentally friendly traffic and provides a better mobility experience to travellers, to benefit both local commuters and visitors. In this session, the Invited speakers will present their technologies, experiences of implementations, social impacts and lessons learnt. This session is a great opportunity for city representatives, service providers and other ITS stakeholders to learn how to deploy new technologies in existing urban transport management frameworks.
The special interest session was moderated by Mr. Patrick Mercier-Handisyde, from DG RTD, European Commission.
• Maurice Geraets, NXP Semicomductors, The Netherlands pdf
• Umberto Guida, UITP, Belgium
• Daniel Zackrisson, VOLVO, Sweden
• Ely Bernardi, Instituto de Pesquisas Tecnológicas – IPT, Brazil
• Merja Penttinen, Technical Research Centre of Finland – VTT, Finland pdf
To read the full programme please click here