- This event has passed.
Seminar on Sustainable Urban Mobility in the Smart City
October 10, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
On Wednesday 10 October 2018 from 10.00 – 14.00 BrabantStad organises an energetic seminar that focuses on serious deployment of Sustainable Urban Mobility in the Smart City. Today’s cities and regions in Europe face challenges in terms of congestion, air quality, noise, livability, lack of space, global warming and sustainable economic development. The question is how will we move from a to b in the decades to come? The solutions that industry can offer have the potential to be a game changer and have a large impact on society and the way how we use public space. Developments in mobility are complex and highly dynamic, meaning it is nearly impossible to accurately predict the future. What we know today is obsolete tomorrow, so this has to be a story of learning by doing. Governments, industry, researchers, citizens and all other stakeholders need to work together in living labs, real life test beds and learning ecosystems. We need creativity and partnership. Main question today is ‘How to make change happen?’ and six inspiring speakers might bring us closer to the answer.
With a 150-minute dynamic and interactive program, we intend to outline a number of stories in the field of Sustainable Urban Mobility. 5 minutes pitches of speakers are combined with round tables sessions of 10 minutes with the attendees.
Topics and speakers:
* Moderator Meike de Jong, Journalist and TV Anchor Dutch RTL.
* Anne-Marie Spierings, Vice-Governor of Noord-Brabant and Provincial Executive for Energy Transition.
* Mayor Paul Depla of Breda, on behalf of BrabantStad.
* Cooperative Connected Automated Mobility, Traffic management of the future and the role of data – Stephanie Leonard, Strategic Business Development Manager at TomTom.
* Strategy innovation and change management for sustainable urban mobility in the smart city – Stephanie Trpkov Energy Consultant World Bank Group.
* Tesla: the impact of one single company on the worldwide transition to zero emission, energy storage and automated mobility – Tesla Benelux (tbc).
* Intelligent Transport and Energy Transition – Anna Domènech Abella, Section Manager External Affairs Nissan Europe, Barcelona.
* Local and regional governments as catalysts in deployment and scaling of sustainable urban mobility – Martin Tollén, County Council Region Östergötland, Sweden and Coordinator Mobility of Assembly of European Regions (AER).
* What are the ‘needs’ of the automotive industry to deploy ‘new and sustainable mobility services’ in cities and regions? – Stefan Büchele, Deputy Director of International Cooperation at e-mobil BW State Agency for New Mobility Solutions and Automotive Baden-Württemberg in Stuttgart.
* Henriette van Eijl – DG MOVE European Commission.
Invited participants: Politicians, policy makers, public representatives, entrepreneurs, researchers, experts and EU experts, European partners of the European Commission, Regions & Cities, EUROCITIES, Polis, ERTICO, MaaS Alliance, AER and European knowledge institutes.
The seminar takes place just a few steps away from Merode metrostation, in the Autoworld museum at Parc du Cinquantenaire 11, Brussels. Afterwards, a network lunch will take place.