The BMW Group and Daimler AG are joining forces: the two companies signed an agreement to merge their mobility services business units. BMW Group and Daimler AG plan to combine and strategically expand their existing on-demand mobility offering in the areas of CarSharing, Ride-Hailing, Parking, Charging and Multimodality.
The merger will promote electromobility, for example, by offering electrified CarSharing vehicles, as well as easy access to charging and parking options. As a result, it will become even easier to experience and use sustainable mobility services.
The equally-owned joint venture model is designed to combine services in the following five areas:
- Multimodal and on-demand mobility with moovel and ReachNow
- CarSharing with Car2Go and DriveNow
- Ride-Hailing with mytaxi, Chauffeur Privé, Clever Taxi and Beat
- Parking with ParkNow and Parkmobile Group/Parkmobile LLC
- Charging with ChargeNow and Digital Charging Solutions.
The joint project is subject to examination and approval by the respective competition authorities.
For more information, please visit BMW’s website.