In association with ERTICO – ITS Europe the Round Table asks “Efficient and safe urban transportation. How will ITS improve the situation?”
Challenge Bibendum will this year take place in Rio de Janeiro Brazil from 30 May to 2 June 2010 the first time ever in South America. ERTICO is proud to be associated with Challenge Bibendum for the organisation of the Round Table on “Efficient and safe urban transportation. How will ITS improve the situation?”.
Seven Round Tables will be hosted on the first day of Challenge Bibendum. The day-long Round Tables all focus on different aspects of sustainable transport under the theme of “Preparing for a Breakthrough in Road Mobility”. Leading specialists from both the private and public sectors will discuss the seventopics and prepare an executive summary for guests and the media on 31 May and 1 June.
The fourth Round Table will examine how ITS can improve the safety and efficiency of urban transport.
The Round Table will ask:
- What are the best ways to develop and apply ITS?
- What are the remaining hurdles to be overcome?
- Who should push ITS implementation both in vehicles and in infrastructure?
- Do the vehicle manufacturers and transport authorities have a roadmap today to develop ITS implementation on-board vehicles?
- How will ITS enable smart cities to move from transport systems to integrated mobility services for people and goods?
The preliminary programme may be viewed here
Link to original Article
Original Publication Date: Tue 27 Jul 2010