Date: 26-27 May
Venue: The Volvo Centre Hunderenveldlaan 10 1082 Brussels Belgium
Registrations are open for the final SISTER (Satcoms in Support of Transport on European Roads) open workshop on 26-27 May Brussels Belgium. The SISTER consortium will present and show the use of satellite communication in ITS applications such as:
- Emergency call
- Road user charging
- Dangerous and valuable goods management
- Digital map updates
The demonstrations will show how satellite broadcast can be used for value-added services and applications where content distribution is crucial. Additionally the demonstrations will show the audience how existing services can be enhanced by bi-directional satellite systems to complement terrestrial coverage. It will also explain how to avoid high roaming charges or improve system reliability where message delivery time is critical.
This event is an opportunity to bring ITS and satellite communication communities together to discuss the future deployment of satellite communication within ITS. As an ITS or Sat Comms professional our key note speakers will set the scene on the potential for Sat Comms to support ITS.
Mike Sena Vice President European Development Hughes Telematics Inc.
Michael Sena is an internationally recognised expert in telematics digital map databases location-based services and navigation and has been actively involved in bringing satellite digital radio to Europe. Since November 2008 he is responsible for the expansion of Hughes Telematics systems and services into Europe. He is the author of Beating Traffic: Time to Get Unstuck combining his experience with the dynamics of transportation and his background in urban planning.
Outline Agenda and presentation details
Workshop registration opens at 12:30 with a buffet lunch followed by:
- Key Note: Mike Sena: Sat Comms and ITS the potential
- Key Note: Richard Harris: ITS technologies now and in the future
- The SISTER project progress and results
- SISTER static demonstration and Networking cocktail
- 19:00 free shuttle transfer into Brussels
The SISTER consortium invites you to join us for a breakfast coffee at 09:00 followed by:
- Mobile virtual network operations and ITS business models
- The European ITS roadmap and action plan presented by the European Commission
- Galileo status and future presented by the GSA
- ITS applications the SAFETRIP project
- Panel Discussion: Bringing ITS and Sat Comms to market
- 13:00 Close and free shuttle to Brussels Airport
Please mark this event in your calendar. Registrations are now open and free of charge. To register please fill in the online registration form before 20 May 2010.
Link to original Article
Original Publication Date: Mon 26 Jul 2010