On 10 January 2012 the Commission announced that €200 million will be made available for co-funded projects under the Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T) annual programme.
According to Siim Kallas Vice President and Commissioner for Transport this call – intended to complement the already existing funding for TEN – T “will support Member States in their efforts to undertake complex projects aimed at improving and completing the TEN-T network”. Mr Kallas added that “this investment will provide [Member States] with valuable assistance at a time of economic difficulties. Once completed the trans-European transport network will directly benefit citizens and businesses”.
The annual funding will focus on five priorities:
- Promote the development of an integrated and multi-modal transport system
- Promote infrastructure development contributing to mitigation and adaptation to climate change and reducing transport’s impact on the environment
- Accelerate/facilitate the implementation of TEN-T projects
- Support public-private partnerships and innovative financial instruments
- Support the long term implementation of the TEN-T network in particular the development of corridors that enable a coordinated implementation of the network
The deadline for submission is 13 April 2012.
For further information please visit the call page.
For more information on the Trans-European Transport Network Executive Agency click here.
Link to original Article
Original Publication Date: Mon 16 Jan 2012