- This event has passed.
Conference: Mobility reforms transforming the EU’s transport sector
February 4 @ 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Conference on Mobility reforms transforming the EU’s transport sector, co-organized by the Permanent Representation of the Slovak Republic to the EU and Uber.
The event will take place on 4 February 2020 at 14.30, at the Slovak Permanent Representation premises on Avenue de Cortenbergh 79, Bruxelles 1000.
Ride-hailing services are growing across the EU, offering citizens and cities convenient shared transport options. These solutions have the potential to transform urban mobility, complementing public transit and reducing private car ownership.
As local authorities and national governments try to create or adapt legal frameworks to bring these services onboard alongside traditional operators, it is vital that emerging best practice from around Europe is shared and learned from. In this regard, recent developments from the Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) region have shown the way to transform the mobility sector without leaving traditional operators behind.
This event will bring together key stakeholders to discuss existing best practice in regulatory reform and exchange views on what can be done at national and EU level to enable these services to grow and develop as part of a sustainable multi-modal transport system.
- Matthew Baldwin, Deputy Director-General – DG MOVE, European Commission
- Peter Varga, Director General for Road Transport – Slovak Ministry of Transport and Construction
- Eddy Liegeois, Head of Unit, Road Transport – DG MOVE, European Commission
- Philippe Crist, Advisor for Innovation and Foresight for the International Transport Forum (ITF) – OECD
- Karen Vancluysen, Secretary General – POLIS
- Kalle Palling, Co-Founder of insurtech startup Cachet, former MEP and father of Estonian taxi liberalisation reform
- Horst Heitz, Executive Director – SME Europe
- Emmanuel Mounier, Secretary General – EU Travel Tech Association
- Annabelle Huet, Expert Legal Affairs – UITP
- Zuzana Púčiková, Head of EU Public Policy – Uber
- Moderator: Laura Shields – Founder and Managing Director of Red Thread EU
Wrap at around 17.30, followed by networking drinks.
Registration: Please confirm your participation by registering here.