- This event has passed.
Urban C-ITS Roundtable
June 6, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The event is free and open on invitation to all C-ITS stakeholders – please register before June 1st.
The European C-ITS Platform has made important progress towards a common C-ITS deployment strategy, and now it’s time to speed-up the cooperation between cities, road operators, businesses and professional users who need to work actively together if massive C-ITS deployment is to start in 2019.
Three leading European C-ITS initiatives supported by the European Commission (urban C-ITS pilots in “C-The Difference” and “C-MobILE” projects, together with the C-Roads Platform for national and regional deployment),are coming together to invite policy- and decision-makers and professional users to meet at the Urban C-ITS Roundtable on 6th June 2018 in Bordeaux to strengthen commitment and to gain momentum toward large scale deployment in Europe.
The event has three main objectives: To –
1. Ease the integration of urban nodes into pan-European C-ITS corridors, and promote expansion to all cities and regions;
2. Share lessons learnt by frontrunner cities and road operators, and transfer knowledge of C-ITS’ contribution to policy goals and to improved performance of road transport and urban mobility;
3. Foster the scaling up and widespread replication of successful C-ITS service implementations in European cities, and create a framework for demand and supply cooperation towards effective deployment and sustainable operation of C-ITS services.
Programme overview (09:00 – 16:30):
- Keynote statements from European Parliament, European Commission (DG MOVE), C-ROADS Platform and Bordeaux Metropole
- Cities testify how C-ITS helps local authorities achieve sustainable mobility for all
- Live on line: demonstrations in Bordeaux traffic
- C-ITS, a game changer for professional users? Views from traffic managers, transport planners, public transport operators and road freight hauliers
- Interactive update session on urban C-ITS basics (service implementation, public procurement, digital infrastructure and living labs)