Webinar: What is the current status and what challenges exist in the safety validation of automation technology?
September 8 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This webinar will focus on current status and challenges in safety validation of automated vehicles as one of the key pieces to achieve a safer and more secure and transport system, as foreseen with the introduction of CAD on our roads. The session will look into what is needed in order to create a commonly accepted safety validation framework. On-going work on harmonized test and validation methodologies will be presented as well as research activities that address the new technical challenges arising from higher levels of automation. The importance of the human factors and interaction design as a key element to ensure system ”fair” reliance of the systems will be brought up as well.
Date: 8 September 2020
Time: 14:00 – 16:00 CET
- Kelly Funkhouser – Program Manager, Vehicle Interface Testing, Head of Connected and Automated Vehicles, Consumer Reports
- Mikael Ljung Aust – Driver behavior specialist, Volvo Car Corporation
- Richard Schram – Technical Director, Euro NCAP
- Roland Galbas – Project Manager Chassis System Control – Advanced Engineering (CC/ENA), Robert Bosch GmbH
- Álvaro Arrúe – Project Manager, Connected and automated driving, Applus IDIADA
Please register your participation here.
This webinar is co-hosted by the ERTICO Academy and the EU-funded ARCADE project.