ITS United Kingdom the Intelligent Transport Systems association for the UK held its 2011 AGM in Birmingham on 16 May. Jeremy Evans of TfL and Sharon Kindleysides of Kapsch were elected as Chairman and Vice Chair respectively.
The Directors of ITS (UK) for 2011 / 2012 are:
- Technical Director – Dr Alan Stevens TRL
- International Director – Richard Harris Logica
- Finance Director – Silke Elvery TfL
- Membership Director – Joanne Dodds URS Scott Wilson
- Communications Director – Brian Fitzpatrick EC Harris
- Prof Eric Sampson of Newcastle University continues as Ambassador for ITS (UK).
Theo Quick of Logica (former Technical Director) and Mike Schofield of Atkins (former Chairman) stepped down from their roles. Mike Schofield will continue in the newly created post of Immediate Past Chairman.
Photo shows Jeremy Evans of Transport for London the new ITS (UK) Chairman
Jeremy Evans is Head of CCTV and Telecommunications at TfL. He served as Vice Chairman of ITS (UK) 2009-11. On being elected Jeremy commented “I think this is an honour for me and for TfL as well. It recognises TfL’s position at the forefront of implementation of smart systems such as smart ticketing and traffic control.”
For more information please contact: Jennie Martin ITS (UK)
Link to original Article
Original Publication Date: Mon 06 Jun 2011