ITS United Kingdom presents: Road User Charging Interest Group Conference – Accounting for Technology
When: Thursday 17 February 2011 10.00 – 16.30
Where: Dexter House No 2 Royal Mint Court Tower Hill London EC3N 4QN
(A buffet lunch is included in the programme)
2011 is set to be an interesting year for RUC professionals and their current and potential clients. The current UK Government has ruled out national road pricing but ruled in pricing for HGVs and as an option for privately financed roads. Meanwhile many interesting schemes are operating or coming on stream overseas. This conference looks at the medium-term future of road user charging and includes a discussion to provoke thoughts on the way ahead in 2011. The conference offers an opportunity to meet professionals from many of the application operations and technology sectors that deliver road user charging schemes in the UK and internationally. The RUC Interest Group maintains an international agenda reflecting the global nature of our ITS-rich business. This annual conference will survey best-practice technology and enterprise case studies from the UK and Europe relevant to expected policy moves during the coming year.
Chairs: Keith Mortimer Wyeval Chair RUC IG
John Walker Thales Hon. Secretary RUC IG
Keynote address TBA
- John Walker Thales UK – Road User Charging IS acceptable to the public – an evidence-based study
- Mahesha Suriarachchi IBI Group – Open Road Tolling: A natural progression….
- Steve Morello Egis Projects – Clearinghouse Development and Operations: Comparison of various ETC Projects
- John Davis Transtoll Pty Ltd – ITS Ireland Update and Next Steps for Road User Charging in Ireland
- Ludger Linnemann AGES International – How can UK RUC plans benefit from the Eurovignette experience?
- Phil Harris Thales UK – Robust Positioning Through Sensor Fusion
- Marco Troglia Quaeryon srl – The Mobility Credits Model: from restrictions to permissions
- Colin O’Toole BetEire Flow Limited – Barrier free tolling – Collections and enforcement
For further information and to register for this event please view the attached flyer here.
Link to original Article
Original Publication Date: Thu 20 Jan 2011