ERTICO and its Partner VVA are undertaking a support study for the European Commission DG MOVE’s new Working Programme regarding the ITS Directive (Directive 2010/40/EU), which establishes a framework in support of the coordinated and coherent deployment and use of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) within the Union, in particular across the borders between the Member States, and sets out the general conditions necessary for that purpose.
By completing the survey, you could be invited to participate in a workshop meeting in May and cover, among other topics, the preliminary findings of the study.
The survey serves six main purposes:
- Providing insights on objectives and necessary services introduced by the relevant legislation (Delegated Regulation 2015/962);
- Assessing the data currently accessible through the National Access Points (NAPs) and at local level;
- Quantifying data gaps and optimal geographical coverage of RTTI (Real-Time Traffic Information) data;
- Understanding the opportunity of in-vehicle generated data for business-to-government road operation purposes;
- Identifying the necessary quality of data;
- Identifying possible solutions to give access to data and the roles of the actors involved.
ERTICO and VVA invite everyone to take part in the survey by 21 April 2020 at 16h00 CET, and to share the link with contacts who might be interested in contributing.
The survey should take between 30 and 40 minutes to complete, depending on how many of the non-obligatory sections one chooses to answer.
For more information, please contact VVA’s study team at firstname.lastname@example.org.