Join the webinar on SHRP 2 Naturalistic Driving Study (NDS) Pooled Fund that will conduct ground breaking research in the areas of Highway Safety, Operations, and Planning.
- As a highway operations practitioner do you have an interest in better understanding driver behavior under different driving conditions (such as traffic or weather)? What about the causes of non-recurring congestion?
- As a highway safety practitioner have you ever wanted more objective information on why crashes occur or how crashes are avoided? What about the impacts of speeding, tailgating, and cell phone usage on safety?
- As a highway planner what could you do with information from 5.4 million continuously recorded trips to better understand route and destination choice, weekday and weekend travel, seasonality of travel patterns, trip chaining, and air quality/emissions?
The SHRP 2 NDS Pooled Fund offers the opportunity to answer these research questions and many more.
Please join us on Tuesday 5 April from 1:00PM-2:30PM (ET) for the first in a series of webinars related to the forthcoming SHRP 2 Naturalistic Driving Study (NDS) Pooled Fund that will conduct ground breaking research in the areas of Highway Operations, Planning, and Safety to advance development of implementable solutions for State DOTs.
The SHRP 2 NDS data and complementary Roadway Information Database (RID) provide unprecedented data to the highway community collected over a 3-year period on how people actually drive in relation to roadway characteristics and driving conditions. A pre-solicitation notice can be found on https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/research/resources/stac/under News/Updates. The solicitation for this pooled fund is expected to be announced on www.pooledfund.org no later than April 5, 2016.
Registration for the webinar is required:https://collaboration.fhwa.dot.gov/dot/fhwa/WC/Lists/Seminars/DispForm.aspx?ID=927
Teleconference Phone Number: 800-683-4564
Teleconference Passcode: 258346
Web Conference Room URL: https://connectdot.connectsolutions.com/sr500astudy/
- 5 April 2016 1:00PM-2:30PM (topic: Overview of NDS and RID data and Pooled Fund)
- 17 May 2016 1:00PM-2:30PM (topic: Examples how these data are being used for Highway Safety)
Tentative dates for additional webinars on examples how these data are being used or could be used in the areas of Highway Operations, Planning and Safety
- 28 June 2016 1:00PM-2:00PM
- 9 August 2016 1:00PM-2:00PM
- 20 September 2016 1:00PM-2:00PM
- 1 November 2016 1:00PM-2:00PM
If you have any questions related to this pooled fund, please contact Charles Fay at email@example.com.