Participants to the 26th ITS World Congress will have the chance to discover what ERTICO is doing to make mobility smarter, cleaner and safer through its many activities and sessions.
Dive into the world of Connected and Automated Driving with the European Project ARCADE (Aligning Research & Innovation for Connected and Automated Driving in Europe). ARCADE was set up by the European Commission to ensure that connected automated technologies are deployed in a coordinated and harmonised manner, which will accelerate the implementation of safe and connected automated driving in Europe. Here is where you can learn more about ARCADE:
Thursday 24: Join ERTICO’s Stephane Dreher for three Special Interest Sessions:
- SIS 43 “Digital Transport Infrastructure – Definitions, Elements And Functions” from 9:00 to 10:30, together with ERTICO Partner HERE Technologies;
- SIS 50 “Possible Actions For Public Authorities And Cities To Facilitate Automated Driving” from 11:00 to 12:30;
- SIS 53 “International Citizens’ Debate On Automated Mobility: What Do The Citizens’ Want?” from 14:00 to 15:30
Find out more about the project AUTOPILOT, which brings IoT into the automotive world to transform connected vehicles — moving” things” in the IoT ecosystem — into highly and fully automated vehicles. While using the IoT potential for automated driving, AUTOPILOT also makes data from autonomous cars available to the Internet-of-Things. Here’s where you can learn more:
- Tuesday 22: Join ERTICO Partners IDIADA, DLR and RWS for SIS 10: Complex Self Driving Field Operational Tests Using Evolved It Infrastructures, from 9:00 to 10:30;
- On the same day, join ERTICO Partner VTT for the presentation of the Technical paper: EU-TP2265 Quality of life impacts of connected automated driving – Case: AVP (VTT Finland), from, TS 32, from 16:00 to 17:30;
- Wednesday 23: Don’t miss AE08 “Symposium: 5G-MOBIX/AUTOPILOT – 5G and IoT Boosting the Digital Transformation of the Automotive Sector”.
On the technology side, 5G-MOBIX project will develop and test automated vehicle functionalities using 5G core technological innovations along multiple cross-border corridors and urban trial sites, under conditions of vehicular traffic, network coverage, service demand, as well as considering the inherently distinct legal, business and social local aspects. Join ERTICO expert Francois Fischer in these two SIS:
- Wednesday 23: AE08 “Symposium: 5G-MOBIX/AUTOPILOT – 5G and IoT Boosting the Digital Transformation of the Automotive Sector” from 14:00 to 17:00;
- Thursday 24: Let’s talk about Prospects of a 5G Reference Framework for CCAM in SIS 55 from 14:00 to 15:30.
Interested in C-ITS? Then don’t miss the presentations on C-MobILE (Accelerating C-ITS Mobility Innovation and depLoyment in Europe). C-MobILE is deploying C-ITS services designed to deal with specific mobility challenges across Europe. The project also aims to help local authorities deploy the C-ITS services they need and to raise awareness of the potential benefits for all road users. There will be only one session, so make sure you don’t miss out!
- Tuesday 23: SIS18 “Learning Lessons from C-Its Early Adopters” with ERTICO Zeljko Jeftic, from 14:00 to 15:30.
The Congress is the place to experience the best of current ITS technologies including platooning. ENSEMBLE is working to deploy European standards for truck platooning, putting together European truck manufacturers, automotive suppliers and knowledge partners.. Here’s the schedule:
- Tuesday 22: ERTICO Partner IDIADA is presenting TS22 “Technical paper EU-TP2349 Regulatory framework state of the art for truck platooning” from 14:00 to 15:30;
- Wednesday 23: TS 31 “Technical paper EU-TP2051 Specifications for Multi-Brand Truck Platooning” from 9:00 to 10:30.
Freight is another big topic. Zeljko Jeftic will be talking about freight on:
- Tuesday 22: Together with ERTICO Partners Continental, Volvo Group, and Volvo Trucks Technology, join us at SIS 16 “New Business Models Deriving From Higher Automation Levels In Freight And Logistics”, from 14:00 to 15:30;
- Friday 25: ES 11 about “Freight Movement For Smart Cities”, from 9:00 to 10:30.
From European projects to innovation platforms: TISA (Travel Information services worldwide), ADASIS (a platform for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) and SENSORIS (Sensor Interface Specification) will be presented on Tuesday 22 for SIS 09 “Session title: Challenge Of Integrating Automated Vehicles Into The Digital Infrastructure” from 9:00 to 10:30, together with ERTICO Partner HERE Technologies.
Let’s open a big, orange chapter with MaaS (Mobility as a Service). Fans of MaaS will be happy to see the variety of sessions on this topic. MaaS presentations will be concentrated in two days.
Four events are schedules for Wednesday 23:
- ERTICO CEO Jacob Bangsgaard will be speaking about “TRANSFORMING MAAS FROM IMAGINATION TO REALITY” in ES05 from 14:00 to 15:30;
- Join ERTICO Zeljko Jeftic for SIS33 “MOBILITY AS A SERVICE BEYOND WESTERN CITIES: RURAL AREAS, DEVELOPING COUNTRIES AND MEGACITIES”, from 14:00 to 15:30;
- ERTICO CEO Jacob Bangsgaard will be speaking at the Global Forum on MaaS from 14:00 to 18:00. More information can be found at https://maas-alliance.eu/global-maas-forum-in-singapore/ ;
- Join Dr. Johanna Tzanidaki from 16:00 to 17:00 to discuss “MANAGING URBAN SPACE”;
Thursday 24 has other four events scheduled for MaaS:
- Join ERTICO Piia Karjalainen and Jean-Charles Pandazis for SIS 49 “CIRCULAR ECONOMY – HOW TO APPLY “REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE” PRINCIPLES TO TRANSPORTATION AND ASSESS THE IMPACTS?”, from 11:00 to 12:30;
- SIS 54 “TOWARDS AN OPTIMISED MOBILITY SYSTEM: INTEGRATING TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT AND MAAS” takes place from 14:00 to 15:30;
- ERTICO Piia Karjalainen will be also speaking at SIS 56 “ACCESSIBLE AND EQUITABLE MOBILITY: CAN THIS BE ACCOMPLISHED WITH MAAS?” from 16:00 to 17:30
- AG SIS 39 “INTEGRATING 3D MOBILITY IN THE MAAS ECOSYSTEM” with ERTICO Piia and ERTICO Partner Hamburger Hochbahn will take place from 9:00 to 10:30.
For the grand finale, join ERTICO on Tuesday 22 from 9:00 to 10:30 for SIS 10 “COMPLEX SELF DRIVING FIELD OPERATIONAL TESTS USING EVOLVED IT INFRASTRUCTURES” together with ERTICO Partners IDIADA, T-Systmes and Rijkswaterstaat.
The ERTICO team looks forward meeting you in Singapore!